Filing a claim

Filing a workers' compensation claim in Washington State involves completing the single page Report of Accident (or Self-Insured Accident Report if your employer is self-insured). In many cases, the physician that initially treats your injury will report the injury to the Department of Labor and Industries. However, it is ultimately the responsibility of the injured worker to report the injury to Labor and Industries. In the event of a catastrophic injury that results in hospitalization, the physician and/or employer are required to report the injury to the department immediately.